Thread: Milwaukee Show
View Single Post
Old 08.08.2006, 12:53 PM   #37
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prisstina
The crowd was SO rude. If I were a SY member I would be totally pissed. Angellah told me she heard someone yell "THURSTON IS A FAG!". Not to mention I was right by this chick that was completely drunk, trying to grab Kim's foot, waving her arms in other peoples' faces and tossing the contents of her drink over her shoulder so it landed on someone's arm.

My boyfriend yelled out "THE WORLD LOOKS RED!" as loud as he could.

I actually thought the same thing. It seemed like their was a hipster / scenester crowd at the show. I thought it was a good show, but it definitely does not rank as my all time favorite SY show.

I just felt people still acted like they were at the rave or a bar compared to seeing an amazing band at a top notch venue. I was upset because all around it seemed like people were smoking grass / cigaretttes (in a historic non smoking theatre), drinking the cheap pbrs and throwing them on the ground to wash on other's feet, and just acting like idiots throughout the show (either talking to others or shouting stupid shit at the band). Grant it I was not in the pit, but I was 10 rows dead center.

The latest few shows I have seen at the Pabst had a more mature / music loving audience (eels, cline / kotche, neko case). I just don't want the venue to stop from having shows and it seems like crowds like keep showing up, a good theater will stop having them there.

I think the crowd really tainted my view of the show. Even to the point that it seemed 100% even suffered do to idiots trying to be cool and stage dive - I thought we did not have to relive the 90s, but I guess so. I even feel they cut things short just do to the crowds actions throught out the night.

I did think the new album sounded amazing and I am glad so many you enjoyed it.