View Single Post
Old 01.19.2018, 05:41 PM   #69
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

(I didn't fuck with you in a mean way, just an inarticulate way perhaps.)

S’okay

Quote:
We could talk about the Kanye stuff I don't care for, if that'll prove my sincerity. I don't think there's a single song on Yeezus that I care for.

WHAT.

Ok, that album takes some getting used to, but dude, it’s worth it. Honesty, I loved it from the first listen, but felt weird about it. It took me some time to have t really get into my bones.

Now, the second half of Yeezus is probably the Kanye I listen to most. More than anything else. From “Hold My Liquor” on. Just amazing. “Bound 2” has that corny chorus and it sounds so corny at first, but then it seeps into you. There’s a lot of sadness going on in that album, and I think it’s absoltely PEAK Kanye, right up there with MBDTF, the best TLOP moments, and Graduation.

“Guilt Trip,” man. “Blood on the Leaves!!” Fucking “send it up” ... AAAAH! Change your mind!!

Quote:
Yeah, I've watched the "I told you" interview a few times. He's 100% right. "I sell drugs and pimp bitches." Cool. Here's fame and fortune. "I'm a god." Fuck off darkie.

Seriously, I wonder if anti-Kanye sentiment doesn't have a racist edge to it. Maybe not all the time, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

Oh it’s there.

America has a problem with ANY black persons gaining too much influence. It may be subconscious, but pitchfork impulse is to strike them down. Look at Obama. Or, y’know, MLK, Malcom X, etc. Racism is inextricably linked to anti-Kanye sentiments.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|