View Single Post
Old 09.15.2014, 03:12 PM   #6
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
If you are a huge established musical act, 90% of your money comes from concerts and such, not from album sales. It makes sense for the already rich and powerful bands to market their new music this way.

around $400.00 a concert ticket, on average, will make U2 so much money.

I just get tired of watching him make the "Jesus" pose in every video.

Here's my thing: why do they still give a fuck about marketing and making money, etc? Even with the universally low opinion of their last several albums, those assholes are rich as fuck, and they never won't be. They don't need to do shit like this.

Then again, Jay-Z didn't need to release his album for free, AND convince Billboard that Google Play's use of the app software should be considered "shipped units" in order to score his umpteenth #1 platinum album either... But he sure as hell did.

The difference: Jay Z is Jay Z. U2 is ... I don't even know. They could have/ should have ended their career so many times. Why they're determined to "fade away" is beyond me.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|