View Single Post
Old 05.07.2011, 12:09 AM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Good points as usual, n'ik. Something interesting I've noticed isn't just this board that has provoked less and less people to post -- it seems like every board around has users leaving, or users who aren't posting anymore. This is something I've thought about for a long time but haven't expressed; the internet is probably technically more popular and powerful than ever; you can get on the net while you're taking a shit or fucking or in the desert or whatever, via overpriced ridiculous phones and cars and what-have-you. Libraries and coffee shops everywhere. More people infiltrating the system than ever. Yet, it seems like there's less people who have anything to say, less information traded. Has the novelty worn off? Or is there just too much to take in? I almost wonder if the sensory overload of WATCH THIS VIDEO! DOWNLOAD THIS ALBUM! CHECK THIS OUT! ETCETCETCETC has almost made us... well.. I dunno. We don't really have to say anything anymore -- we don't have to entertain each other, or ourselves, because there's SO MUCH out there to do it for us. In an age where our avatars say more about us than our actual words.

Technically, with modems faster than ever, information possible to be traded at a MUCH faster rate, more information to trade PERIOD, and unlimited space (I mean, I can just go download any game or album or movie or whatever, ever masde, in like 3 clicks; used to, it took 5 minutes to load one 320x240 jpeg!).... you'd think there'd be more to talk about. Maybe we're all bored. Spoiled. Who knows. Maybe the internet has become such a part of our lives that we just take it for granted, it is like taking a shit now or something.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|