View Single Post
Old 12.05.2014, 11:08 AM   #47147
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
No... What? No, dudes, I made the 45 up. Not bad, huh? I always thought those two covers would make a mighty swingin' 7". Anyway, they appeared on Britain's Uncut magazine's 2002 Hard Rain two-volume tribute to His Bobness. I don't have the CDs with me right now but I believe both covers were recorded circa 1991, when The Bootleg Series Volumes 1–3 (Rare & Unreleased) 1961–1991 had recently been released. "Sitting On A Barbed Wire Fence", officially out for the first time on that box set, gets a delicious yelling thrashing by Kim, T and the Swell late great Epic Soundtracks. "Visions Of Johanna", meanwhile, features a lineup to die and go to rock heaven for: Lee + Steve + ROBERT QUINE + Mike Watt + Anthony Coleman = unfathomably BITCHEN.

Yeah, I think we were wondering how you found the songs in 7" "single" format. Now we know that you're really just a giant LIAR.

I have tons of those Uncut releases... Both the magazine's own choice music samplers and the tribute records. I've never subscribed to it. My family just found these and ripped out the CD's to use as half-assed Birthday Presents (almost always keeping the actual magazines for themselves).... Fucking assholes..

Some of them are pretty slap-dash, last minute affairs. Others are uniquely and brilliantly filled with bomb ass shit.

Some have the potential to be the latter, but look more like the former upon release, and it's not until you've listened an while that the charming moments start to stand out among the more lame and mundane moments. (15 Songs In The Spirit of Ray Davies, GIMME SHELTER: 17 Amazing Covers of Classic Songs by The Rolling Stones, and the Stooges equivalen, GIMME DANGER come to mind.)

There are some good moments on Still Smiling too. Some.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|