View Single Post
Old 12.22.2014, 11:31 AM   #18382
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
Rewatched The Grand Budapest Hotel on DVD. It's even better the second time around. My favorite movie of the year!

ha ha ha-- that movie is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
i watched Barfly with Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway last night.
great movie must have been low budget yet it works.
so much hope for broke alcoholic writers (or artists) in that film.

you can check it out for free on youtube

if you liked that you might also like factotum (another bukowski-based movie)

--

i've watched a bunch of things lately but i'd recommend

life is sweet - (mike leigh, 1990). great characters. you'll start laughing your ass off and by the end you might get a bit weepy. the criterion disc has a bonus of several "5 minute films" leigh made as a proposed tv show (you can find those on youtube)

the match factory girl - (aki kaurismäki, 1990). i have no words for the greateness of this guy. he just blows my mind every time with his simplicity. here it's the opposite of the movie above, where you'll start a bit weepy and end up laughing your ass off.

ip man 2 - (wilson yp, 2010) dammit, i missed the first IP MAN because there were so many ip man movies (eg. wong kar-wai's "the grandmaster") that i thought i had already seen it. big mistake, watch the 2008 ip man first. this is a bit of a bullshit movie, but great martial arts and to see sammo hung kick ass in his overweight carcass is just awesome.

in the house (françois ozon 2012) - not a great movie but a good one, and lots of fun. billed as a "thriller" (a manipulative little sociopath is at the heart of it) it is only great comedy for a lot of the duration. too many things to say and i don't want to write an esay about it but if you're a fan of ozon you shouldn't miss this.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|