View Single Post
Old 03.22.2013, 01:15 PM   #2681
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
It's probably unfair comparing him with Mourinho. They simply offer very different approaches with their own strengths and weaknesses. Guardiola will certainly make Bayern a favourite with neutrals, and will attract some great players and likely get them playing in an attractive way. Whether he has big enough balls in a crisis and whether he can adapt to change are things we're about to find out. Mourinho would sacrifice 'good' football for ruthless success and create a them-and-us siege mentality within the club, that'll make him popular with his own club's fans but largely hated by everyone else.

Which one you prefer is I suppose just a matter of personal preference. While I love what Guardiola has done at Barca, I can't help being drawn to the darker more tyrannical managers like Mourinho and Ferguson. It's like deep down I admire Serpico and believe he's 'right', but in the end I'll always root for Popeye Doyle.

EDIT: Hard to get too excited by England's 8-0 win over San Marino. Just a total mismatch. I switched off at half time.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|