View Single Post
Old 05.08.2009, 09:01 PM   #26
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I don't know what you are talking about. There was MASSIVE critical acclaim and hype around them in 1991; talking about how they were the standard bearers of a new aesthetic and how they were the missing link between the noise of Sonic Youth and the blissout beauty of the Cocteau Twins and blah blah blah.
They were THEE band to cover at the time. I saw writeups on them in magazines almost as often as I see threads about them here.

There wasn't the widespread "acceptance" there is today. The album was certainly a critics darling and a big cult favorite. I agree, it was HUGE in "alternative" or underground circles, but hardly in the overground industry. But today this album is so popular it's almost mainstream.