View Single Post
Old 10.30.2017, 01:30 PM   #40491
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Well, there’s the house I’m living in. We (my family) own it. My mother is in her mid-60s and nearby, so that’s something. She’s still working so she doesn’t have time to check up on the house, so it’s my responsibility. Gotta try and finish some work on it and sell it before I can really consider leaving, and that’s if I wanted to leave my mother.

Also, kinda fallen into a career here. Totally imperfect, but slowly getting better. I’ve actually been recommended for a promotion, which is kind of big. If I were to get that, I’d be making a commitment to stay where I am for a few more years. If I don’t get it, I’ll seek work elsewhere. If I find work in my field (or one of my prior fields) that pays well enough, I’ll consider moving. If said work is in WA, then so be it. But that’s a lot of “ifs.”

I’m in a really weird place right now.

yeah i knew about the house, but a house can be sold (unless it’s underwater, but even then, you can eat the losses if you must).

and a career if it’s a good one will have opportunities (and i’m sure better ones) elsewhere. i thought you had a promotion already with more responsibility (but no money). if this is a whole new thing congrats!

right now that the economy is still doing well it’s a great time to sell houses and find jobs. i mean unemployment is very low and businesses are having a hard time finding qualified people. come the next recession it will be the opposite— nobody will buy and jobs will be scarce.

but anyway i got lost in the digression— i didn’t know your mom was nearby. i thought she was back in WA! i missed that bit of info. i thought the house in your current state was just an ex-house you had taken over and she was elsewhere, and your only reason to be there was the house.

but yeah there’s also einstein’s napkin advice, which is not to be discounted.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|