View Single Post
Old 03.01.2019, 05:54 AM   #74
Diesel
the destroyed room

Diesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's assesDiesel kicks all y'all's asses
And yet Kanye is alright to align with Trump though?

I'm not sure why you'd compare the Stone Roses to Oasis as they have nothing in common other than geography. Same with the Beatles. I'm pretty sure both of these bands never played loud, distorted power chords and had a town crier for a singer - a band like The La's have far more indebted influence. You've repeated the cliche bullshit as was written by journalists who took anything auld big heads would say as gospel for a headline grab. Bigger than the Beatles et al. Guest merely pointed it out.

Dont early Oasis lyrics have you believe they are under-class outcasts? What does it matter what he said she said? Liam Gallagher once said he IS John Lennon. Music>pr. If anything they started out with a worthy cause in rebellion against the saturated rave scene of the time coupled with council estate frustration and anger which made for an honest sound. Blur on the other hand wanted to fit into the madchester baggy rave scene and join the Happy Mondays, Inspiral Carpets, Charlatans and the Stone Roses in bringing that dated dance beat to rock music. When the scene burned out along came their stab at pop: Country House etc ad nauseum to infinity..

I know a couple of lads who are in well paid management roles who are mod Oasis freaks. They volunteered to clean Shields beach and ended up sacking it off to go on the lash all day. Just a couple of good time George sand dancer lads wanting a knees-up. Canny as owt; wouldn't touch yr mother! Now, if they were Blur fans it's guaranteed that once the beach was clean they would be home in time for the one show, then settling down for recipes from the bass players cook book before congregating for midnight mass. Which would you rather be?
Diesel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|