Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 05.03.2019, 08:39 PM   #437
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Diamanda Galás' music is now available to stream or download at Bandcamp (and everywhere else). According to official sources, most of her work will be reissued later in the year (starting in the fall).

https://diamandagalas.bandcamp.com/

And she was featured on Bandcamp Daily a week ago:
A Guide to the Discography of Diamanda Galás, Avant-Garde Oracle

Love the first paragraph:

Quote:
When I spoke with avant-garde legend Diamanda Galás in 2017, she had some understandably harsh words for critics who fail to understand both the deep and intense emotional veins running through her discography as well as the actual musical history behind her work. "People who do not know anything about music—notably, most music critics—really should equip themselves with the changes of the original song and realize that every single one of the chord changes I use are connected to the original chord changes," she said, speaking about misinterpretations of her performance of Thelonious Monk's "'Round Midnight" on All The Way. "It is not a bunch of keys falling down the stairs, and it is not someone who uses the song to her own ends only to destroy it and desecrate it and dismember it."

Also this bit from the Litanies Of Satan Bandcamp page:

Quote:
A Note to the Listener by Diamanda Galás, 2019

Intravenal Sound Operations would like to suggest to the listener of these works, that The Litanies of Satan and Wild Women With Steakknives are not, nor have ever been, political pieces. It is suggested that, contrary to resorting to self-serving interpretation, the listener just listen and add nothing of his/her/whomsoever's own.

Thank you.

(Incidentally, I prefer the 1989 reissue cover art, but that's just how I roll.)

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|