View Single Post
Old 12.29.2016, 11:04 AM   #6
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Mr. Mambo - WELCOME to SYG!

We've had the MATH ROCK discussion before......hard to believe it was eight years ago.

I still don't understand why Don Caballero is considered Math Rock?

Really? Well, I'd say listen to American Don and What Burns Never Returns (or listen more) for the best answer to that question. Maybe you're thinking those records are more closely related to post-rock, but really, if you're talking about math-rock as a style defined by changing signatures and organic energy, I actually think American Don might be the purest example of it.

Earlier on they were certainly more metallic, and later on they turned into something tactless and a bit pathetic. But I think they definitely fall into the greater math-rock family. And again, if math rock was ever "mathematical rock," then I think they exemplified that more than a lot of bands that usually get the label.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|