View Single Post
Old 01.02.2018, 10:42 AM   #8913
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
There you have it. Van Dijk goes for £70mill to Liverpool and monopoly money gets even more ridiculous. Absolutely mental. I reckon you could buy BOTH Bonnuci and Thiago Silva for that money. The funny thing is (if the rumours are to believed) that they're having to sell Coutinho to do it. Good thinking there.

The price is obviously inflated but I think he'll improve Liverpool and, if he does, the money will become irrelevant. But he isn't a 1 man solution. They'll need further reinforcements if they're to become real title challengers. It's a step in the right direction, though.

We'll have to see how the transfer reflects more generally on prices. Personally I accept that top players now go for silly money but what I hate is when average players go for a fortune, too. Van Dijk isn't worth 75m but I can understand why a team like Liverpool would pay it. West Ham are looking at Swansea defender Alfie Mawson, who's being priced at 40m. That's just obscene.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|