View Single Post
Old 12.17.2009, 02:46 PM   #4945
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
"The What" - Biggie & Meth (if you dnt have READY TO DIE, which you should")
"Right Back At You" - Mobb Deep, Rae, Ghost (if you dnt have THE INFAMOUS -- then why not?????)

Dude, I've got a lot to catch up in hip-hop, but not THAT much. Ready To Die is one of those rare albums that's untouchable and stupidly loved/hyped by everyone, and yet still somehow seems underrated when I give it a proper spin, because it's just that fucking good. It's the rap equivalent of like Paranoid or something. Things Done Changed? HOLY SHIT!

The Infamous is of course a classic, although I just tends to get overshadowed by Illmatic even for me for some reason (due to the similarity in sound/period/them being on Nas's side of the Jay-Z beef I guess). That's still no bad reflection on it in itself though. Illmatic is a strong candidate for the best hip-hop album ever, so it can't really compare. Survival Of The Fittest is an amazing track, as in Shook Ones pt II and many others...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|