View Single Post
Old 04.22.2009, 03:59 PM   #18
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal pharmacy
This is funny shit, however I would say it is her mime singing along to her own song and the engineer just captured that mic channel without sending to FOH.

Beyonce's miming was captured, and vaunted as her 'real' singing. You still have to get close to the note for an autotuner to sound right, otherwise you sound like this. The notion of the 'real' singer is all well and good, but PAs are much louder than they were in, say, Edith Piaf's days.

I'm not necessarily defending Beyoncé's talent, I'm saying that taking one recorded instance of her singing without the context and claiming she relies on an autotuner just means you don't know what an autotuner does. By which I mean - it searches for the nearest consonant note in a preset scale - if you're more than a note out (as this audio is) the sound that comes out would be wrong.

I'd suggest that the fact that Beyoncé's singing lower, as she is in the Stern clip, is more of an attempt to hear herself over whatever other sound is happening (because you can feel lower notes in your body better than you can high notes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|