View Single Post
Old 10.26.2013, 12:42 AM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I was thinking about this today on the Metro, what are your lists for best intro/opening tracks to the best records? I'm talking songs that kicked in the fucking door and paved the way for a musical onslaught of an album from start to finish.

Here's my top-6 in no particular order..

Serve of the Servants- In Utero
Start Together- The Hot Rock
Pattern Recognition- Sonic Nurse
Wheels of Confusion/The Straightener - Volume IV
Untitled- Turn on the Bright Lights
Brown Sugar - Sticky Fingers

All of these records kicked my ass, and their opening tracks were the first blow that bewildered me into some kind of sonic haze, totally not knowing what comes next or what to expect. They perfect set the tone for what the album is going to sound and feel like.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|