View Single Post
Old 08.02.2008, 06:13 AM   #18
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
I discovered the Ramones when I was 13, when I saw School of Rock, which had My Brain is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes to Bitburg) in the soundtrack. This lead to my discovery of punk. Then I heard The Smiths' This Charming Man on the radio, which lead to some indie stuff. I bought Television's Marquee Moon based on what I'd heard and the album cover. I idolised Tom Verlaine, I was going to call my band The Verlaines, but I later found that this name was already taken by a band who would go on to become one of my favourites, leading to my discovery of the Flying Nun scene. I discovered black metal when I was doing research for a speech I was doing for my English class, on musicians dying young. I found Dead and Euronymous on a Wikipedia list.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|