View Single Post
Old 08.10.2016, 01:07 PM   #73
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I'm not saying psychoactive = toxic. The word psychoactive simply describes any substance that alters or causes changes in the brain.

And I'm not saying "toxic" = harmful. That's the definition of the word. If you want to get really picky about it then sure, psilocybin is not "toxic" in and of itself, but it has toxic properties.

if you haven't noticed getting picky is precisely what i am trying to do

Quote:
Again, if it intoxicates, it has a toxicity level ... You can argue with me about this all you want, and you can say "...but that would require..." ... But if the question is, "Are psilocybin mushrooms toxic, yes or no," the answer is yes. Yes. Regardless of how much it would take to cause harm, regardless of any opinions you may have, you're arguing about the very definition of words here.

semantics arm wrestling. you aren't technically wrong BUT i have been trying to push this conversation into a deeper detail and so yes we must differentiate between toxic and psychoactive because again toxicity at the degree of detail we are getting at implies biological damage to tissues, something which psilocybin just doesn't do at any of the doses we have been discussing.

Quote:

What exactly is the problem here? Is it that you don't know what the word means, or is it that you disagree with the scientific and medical language surrounding the topic of substances and intoxication? You're acting like this is my argument, but I have zero investment in of any of this. I just don't know how to respond when you call my intelligence into question for saying that an intoxicant is toxic.

this issue is for this conversation i would prefer we differentiate between psychoactive and toxic.

Quote:
And for the record, I have read your posts, but when you imply that I'm saying something I've never said (by, say, pointing out that psychoactive and toxic are different things, as though I ever suggested anything to the contrary) I have a hard time caring about the rest of what you're writing. When you're entire premise is based on a misunderstanding, I want to nip that in the bud.

you called psilocybin a "poison" what was i misunderstanding exactly? i am glad you have clarified, why are you getting hostile? what, you can post diatribes and lengthy essays we should all read but if someone posts something at length that is different than your's you don't.care enough to read it? that is your right but frankly irs rude. can we have an honest conversation that you don't mistake as for a pissing contest just once? or are you feeling threatened in some way?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|