View Single Post
Old 06.12.2009, 11:12 AM   #1
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
When this was first mentioned in the other thread, I was unsure if Thurston was just kidding. But now read this:

Beck covers Sonic Youth’s EVOL in its entirety

Saturday, February 28th, 2009
Last November, Beck and his band covered on stage, “Star Power.” This is a Sonic Youth song from their album EVOL. A few months later, it was announced that Beck was releasing a cover of “Green Light,” which is also from EVOL. That release was a single, the b-side being a Sonic Youth cover of “Pay No Mind” no less!
What does all this EVOLness mean? We learned today, thanks to our friends in Japan, that Beck has covered the whole album. He said this in an interview/article with a Japanese magazine. I’m told it will be part of some Sonic Youth box set. I know SY has been releasing Deluxe versions of their albums, so maybe EVOL Deluxe? Or maybe some greater box set project?
Regardless, this is super interesting and really a fun thing for Beck to have done!