View Single Post
Old 03.14.2007, 08:57 AM   #14
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
You know what I don't fucking understand? How Iggy hasn't been inducted yet. The Stooges were nominated this year (not for the first time, either) and got passed over in favour of Van Halen.

(Hopefully that'll teach em. But I wouldn't count on it.)

Also, Lou Reed? Been inducted TWICE! As a solo artist and as a member of the VU. But Iggy? Not once. Not as a solo artist or a Stooge. Bowie's in there, Blondie, the Ramones,The Clash, Talking Heads... all in. No Iggy.

Love Patti and love REM but, seriously, fuck the Hall of Fame.

Yeah, ditto on the fuck you. I never knew if it was just me or if other people thought this, but the idea of rock and roll having a Hall of Fame is somehow counter to the idea of, well, rock and roll. Rock and roll needs an establishment institution? It's rather repugnant.

At the same time, Patti... wow. It should just be The Hall of Patti. I'd get behind that.