Thread: Dropping out...
View Single Post
Old 01.05.2007, 12:09 AM   #33
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
To the original poster: If you really loathe your school, there's nothing wrong with dropping out. But because you enjoy the coursework, I would think twice about leaving so soon. It's easy enough to worry about how the particulars of your education will affect your future, especially your career of choice, but you don't have to let yourself be defined by your job alone. As soon as I got to college, my advisors were telling me that it didn't really matter what I majored in, but then they would recommend that I take some career tests anyways and figure it out soon. So I felt the pressure to pick something just for the sake of not being "undecided" anymore, like it would give me some kind of direction. I didn't want to screw myself over and make it impossible for me to get a job that I liked after college. But after a while I stopped caring, and by the time I left at the end of first semester, I was so glad to be out of there that I didn't really care anymore about jobs and career paths and all of that. As long as I'm doing something that I feel is productive, I think that's enough to satisfy me for the time being. And there are more important things to me, like my family and my hobbies/talents and that sort of thing. I'm in the process of filling out applications for a variety of jobs. I hope at least one will work out, it makes no difference which. I'll probably hate doing whatever it is, but that's a given.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|