View Single Post
Old 03.11.2017, 10:34 AM   #178
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
it's possible I have shitty taste. And it's possible that you don't know what you're missing. I'd make you a playlist, but I'd fear it was the former. All I know is that I love Ryan Adams.

Fuck man, you don't have shitty taste. You just like an artist that "isn't my thing." That's all. I'm sure he's not horrible, or untalented, or anything like that. I have listened to his albums before and never really felt much of anything, but plenty of people I know and respect like him.

There's no such thing as "shitty taste."

You know that one really pompous actor guy who tries to look humble and be lovable all the time? Uh... James Franco! Yeah! Well... he's kind of a nutjob, and bring a lifelong celebrity has gone to his head (he once admonished people who don't fulfill their dreams because when he wants to make a movie, he just "knuckles under" and "gets it done" ... forgetting perhaps that not everyone who has "dreams" is a famous, Oscar nominated, millionaire with the world at his fingertips) ... but ANYWAY... he once said something kind of cool:

"I reject the idea of a 'good career.' I was up for an Oscar at the same time I was in General Hospital."

Now, that's a serious humble-brag and a half, and like I said he's a nutjob, but there's a kernel of truth in this and how it applies to "good" vs. "bad" art stuff.

I kind of reject the idea of "good taste in music." If you listen to what you like, you're doing it right, and you listen to plenty of stuff from all over the place, so get that "shitty taste" thing out of your head.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|