View Single Post
Old 07.25.2010, 07:23 AM   #6
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I love electronic music because much of it is so faceless. I like that. It's almost always enjoyable from the perspective that it's just some guy with a few drum machines and synths. I mean, it's really hard to fuck up that combo.

What I like about d'n'b is that it's typically darker than most other forms of electronic music. DIGITAL HARDCORE is usually pretty dark, but a bit too noisey, and usually too many samples from movies cut up or something. When you hear prime Photek or Technical Itch or Current Value or Omni Trio, it's melodically simple as hell, bassy as fuck, and the beats are just brilliant. Dark, driving, just drilling into your skull... but always changing.. The best d'n'b artists are the ones who are always subtly manipulating the beat. It's easy to treat, say, Photek, as background music; but if you listen close to Modus Operandi, you very rarely hear the same beat in combination with the synths twice, he's always throwing little fills or stutters in. It's actually very intricate and mind-blowing.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|