View Single Post
Old 10.01.2013, 10:47 PM   #1132
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I've decided THIS is the signature track from PWOWR.. I read some reviews, Priest is to underground for mainstream, its not rap in the conventional sense, and its not jewelz in the hood sense, it is the middle centered by pure wisdom. I've listen to music by a lot of very wise men, who drop a lot of ancient wisdom on their records, but Killah Priest is on a war path against the Devil on this record..

Quote:
Here's the clues, let me walk you through when you pray you talk to God when you meditate God talks to you, you seem confused, we're living in the Revelations, the head of the nation is satan, conjugation over conquered races, now we're facing condemnation while I'm contemplating confrontation.. when Moses was born the clouds in the skies parted when Jesus was born everything grew figs in the forest, Mohammed was born the stars aligned four words lived Islamic, Priest was born all the water turned chocolate..

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
so who's the Radiohead of hip-hop - Kanye or OutKast? hmmm..

If you're a hater of radiohead then its kanye, if your a hater of kanye then its the Kastz..

My vote is that radiohead=outkast but its an almost pretentious comparison, personally I think radiohead is radiohead and outkast it outkast. further, I don't think radiohead are as necesarily groundbreaking or genre defining as their critical acclaim, however, I also adore radiohead, period. As to Outkast, I would argue that they are indeed impacting to hip-hop in huge way, the way radiohead is said to have changed music. I can agree that Kanye West is big, but I don't know if influential or redefining is exactly appropriate in this case. There aren't a bunch of Kanye sounding rappers or beatz out there, he is original in that regard. However there is a difference between being big and being influential. I suppose in this regard, radiohead isn't influential either, there aren't exactly a dozen radiohead sounding bands out there over the past 20 years. I can't speak for British music though, dear God help us, Glice what do you say?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|