View Single Post
Old 11.09.2013, 09:24 AM   #6
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
And yet, ironically Hendrix was also the first person to play his guitar that damned loud and create music out of that much feedback, we forget this after the fact in a world filled with guitar feedback, but before Hendrix, feedback was not part of music, it was an accident meant to be avoided. Hendrix was the first person to say, "I'm going to use feedback like a paint brush." Then came Black Sabbath, and suddenly playing guitar with a stack of amps at full volume became somehow the norm. We are in his debt for this, even with our tinnitus .
This is not true wholly. Pete Townshend was the first who used feedback and Jimi had admitted he got influences from him (also the Who played loud right in the beginning). But of course Jimi took it much more far.

Hereīs my top20 Hendrix songs:
1. All Along the Watchtower
2. 1983 (a Merman I sould turn to be)
3. the Wind Cries Mary
4. Love Or Confusion
5. Voodoo Chile (the long version from E. Ladyland, To me this is the number one blues-piece of all time, itīs sad many seem to know only Slight Return-version)
6. Bold As Love
7. Angel
8. Hear My Train a Comin (acoustic is best, BBC-Sessions version is second best, anyway all the versions Iīve heard are just great)
9. Burning Of the Midnight Lamp
10. Room Full of Mirrors (Live version from the Royal Albert hall is greatest)
11. Hey Baby (new rising sun)
12. Drifting
13. Machine Gun
14. Little Wing
15. Are You Experienced
16. I donīt live today
17. Youīve Got Me Floatinī
18. Somewhere
19. Beginning
20. Highway Chile
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|