View Single Post
Old 09.18.2016, 08:00 PM   #875
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Drjohnrock again. (sincerely, i appreciate you engaging in real dialogue and making great points)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
There are a lot of Republicans who HAVE endorsed Trump. This is nothing like 1964, when so many GOP types loathed Goldwater that they formed a group called Republicans For Johnson. Don't see that this time, do you? That's because Trump has a lot more support than Goldwater did.
great point, i would only add that at that time Johnson was a well respected Democrat in Republican circles long before the 1960 Election indeed its precisely why Kennedy nabbed him for Vice President. further the assassination of Kennedy temporarily united a lot of political world. Johnson had both of those going for him

Quote:
As for "braindead" and "stupid" blue collar workers who have been suffering a long time, that is exactly the kind of condescending, elitist attitude that Trump plays off of and gets support from.
insensitive or not, if Trump wants to "shoot from the hip" all the time so will i. i will repeat this again, if folks who are working class or struggling honestly in any way shape or form believe Trump cares about them, can relate to them, or will improve their lives in any way are indeed braindead and stupid, period.

Also you said rust belt is firmly GOP, didn't Bill Clinton and Obama win Ohio? so how am i 40 years off again?

i can see the world through more than California lenses even if i am crass about it. i will again remind you that California has a huge and powerful GOP block, we have had more Republican governors, control of state legislature, and mayors of major cities in my lifetime than democrats. we had prop 187 one of most racist laws in American history. we had Prop 8 a few years ago.

It's like Pac said, "everyone thinks Cali is just fun and bitches.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|