View Single Post
Old 05.25.2014, 08:39 PM   #4233
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
tim howard is a real professional that plays at the highest levels of the sport.

Not taking that away, but if you haven't noticed, Landon scored or assisted on the overwhelming majority of the goals, and to be honest, I've seen Tim give up some easy ones trying to play Superman. Also, they don't play the same position, so in regards to the roster, its not an either or scenario.

Quote:
ladycakes is a celebrity in his own backyard.

Yes, but duh, that is kind of how it works? Further, if its the national team, why not play the national celebrity?

Quote:
only reason the us qualifies for the world cup is because of concacaf. same as iran, in whatever fuck confederation they are.

Keep shitting on our parade, it only makes you more the hater. Qualifying speaks for itself, regardless of your opinion. Also, we're realistic, we understand that we're not a top-20 in the world team, and we respect that we have work to do, but folks also have to respect that we've come a long way in the right direction.

Quote:
i wish the us had been invited to the copa américa in 2015, but instead mexico and jamaica are going. a pity, because we need to stop being kramer in the dojo and start getting real opponents on a regular basis. el salvador? honduras? costa rica? i'm not talking about brazil or argentina or uruguay on a good day (though they've been uneven). try playing colombia, or chile, or ecuador, for real stakes, and see what happens.

Sighs. Whatever you say, but nobody is trying to pretend USMNT is bigger than what it is, but you got to stop thinking its smaller than it is too.

Quote:
the usmnt is switching from being a kick-and-run team under poor bradley to embracing actual modern tactics which take professionalism and dedication and physical form across the board. klinsmann obviously understands that. if he spilled a little celebrity blood to make way for the future and this drives some silly myopic "fans" to hissy fits, then so be it.

I like the development, its not just Klinsmann but its been a big part in the shift in style of play. I've mentioned that before several times on this thread over the past 3 years BUT everybody but you has agreed that Jurgen made a huge mistake and that it was a personal quarrel, not a matter of football skill or talent. That is the shame of it. The guy got dissed out of a 4th WC appearance, simple as that. Also liked your little "fan" comment, keep enjoying bandwagoning all that Eurotrash you follow, makes you such diehard expert and all

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|