View Single Post
Old 08.01.2017, 11:55 AM   #1475
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
no prejudice! Just wished they sounded more Roman! hahahhaha.

you'd have to resurrect cinecittą and make it in italian and put subtitles on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
This is a legit problem with a fuckton of shows and movies. Everyone in any historical time or place speaking in British accents because, I think, showrunners think, "Meh, it sounds fancy ... Rome was fancy... it'll be fine."

nah nah nah. that's for infomercials. they always use some british accent to fool the unwary

but rome was a bbc coproduction-- they specialize in period pieces, they have access to the best trained actors. and with hbo money, it's on sterioids--you should compare rome vs. i claudius and see the progress. i claudius was great too btw and so british sounding-- derek jacobi, john hurt, and the cheapest sets in the universe. it's so cheap you can't help to laugh at and admire the thing at the same time.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|