Thread: Street Art
View Single Post
Old 04.25.2010, 01:24 PM   #30
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J

Alexandros Vasmoulakis.

That's gorgeous.

Locally, on the back of Banksy being somehow the most famous artist ever (he's from here) there's a load of council-sanctioned 'street art' that, while pleasant at times, has hacked off bits and bobs of the graf community. There is some good stuff, but I tend to think that it's more interesting in the local skate park, where the graf doesn't stay up for more than a month at best. Also, the kids in the skate park doing the graf don't tend to have degrees or the ability to fill in arts council applications, so there's a definite slant towards art that's not really representative of the local communities.

Also, there's a hell of a lot of well-meaning 'ooh, Disney/ McDonalds is capitalist' type stuff, the only good one of which is this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|