View Single Post
Old 08.31.2008, 10:31 PM   #14
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I totally disagree with one of his points... when he says "no object worship" as a bad thing. Object worship is one of the main things wrong with noise (and related) music. "oh cool packaging, how's it sound? Oh well, cool packaging! Best album ever, check it out!" Maybe I'm just bitter becuase I've had a couple of people refuse to review my releases because the packaging wasn't good enough. I dunno, I guess I'm just more interested on the MUSIC released on an ALBUM and not if it's packaged in rotted wood or whatever.

i have been thinking about this for a long time, the noise double standard: noise people hate cd-rs that have xeroxed artwork and no artwork discs, writing them off and shit; but then, these same people love tapes that come with xeroxed artwork and no artwork cassette, while i understand that tapes are warmer than cd-rs, i don't know why people make such a big fuss over this. tapes started to become an indie label standard because it was easy and cheap to make multiple copies of a release, now you can do the same for cheaper on cd-rs, so what the fuck?

i know some people are completely lazy and uncommited to their releases, not even bothering to cut and fold the covers right or anything, let alone demonstrating more of an overall effort on packaging. but if done right, what's the problem?
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|