View Single Post
Old 09.27.2017, 09:25 AM   #21577
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I liked the concept but if I have one criticism, it's that I felt Jeremy Renner and Forrest Whitaker (I'm a big fan of both) were wasted slightly in roles that could've been played by pretty much anyone.

As for not being blown away, I liked it but I thought Interstellar (while different in many ways) was a better film, certainly in terms of its emotional weight.

Interstellar was fucking awesome.

But I’ve gotta say, Arrival hit me harder. The last few minutes of that film had be bawling like a baby.

I agree that Renner’s role in particular could have been handled by just about anyone. But I liked him in it. Whittaker did a fine job with his smaller-than-advertised part.

Really it might as well have been a one-woman show. But I think that was a deliberate decision. Focusing so squarely on Amy Adams’ character helped suck the audience into her experience, which is what the whole thing is based on of course.

I think it’s completely ficking ridiculous that she didn’t get an Oscar nomination for this one.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|