Thread: Vivian Girls
View Single Post
Old 10.22.2010, 08:14 PM   #261
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
no, i really didn't mean or intend to imply it was just people from syg. i don't get why you say that, it can apply to any number of massively hyped musicians now. it's more of an attitude within music that i don't like.

and the maoist thing was more of a joke.

i don't know who these people that have "actual influence" are. and my point is that it wasn't a golden age. i don't see things as made up of people who have actual influence and those that don't. what i was trying to criticise is how people are happy to settle for these stale aesthetics and how indie now is like an industry of people trying to pretend the past few decades never happened and we should all still be trying to take a page from nirvanas book. its retro at its worst, and its regressive and boring an ultimately just the revitalisation of yesterdays dead end.

I absolutely agree that indie now (as a kind of genre) is a stale, backward looking aesthetic. All I'm saying is that in the big scheme of what's going on musically it's of no importance. There's enough really interesting things going on outside that world for me to not care at all what the average Wavves fan thinks or listens to. I rarely post in the Non-Sonic Sounds section for that very reason. I like some individuals here but primarily for their interests outside of music.

What I mean is Nirvana obsessives or whatever are no different from Morris Dancers. They exist but, thankfully, the world moves on regardless. I have issues and opinions but those are aimed at things that I think really are having a negative impact. Seriously, start a band the way you think a band should be, write a book, do something, anything besides wasting your energy and ideas on people who, to my mind, really aren't worth worrying about.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|