View Single Post
Old 04.13.2014, 08:54 PM   #101
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery

i'd say that ISIS should be put in there one day, since ISIS definitely made some of the best rock music of all time, call it metalcore or post metal or whatever, its definitely up there in the pantheon.

Speaking of Isis have you listened to Palms with Chino from deftones? Its fucking EPIC good.. but the record suffers from poor production, check out this live show, FUCK!!

Quote:
now that im 25 i could give the first fuck about all this "underground" or "sellout" shit. shakespeares got to get paid son. it is in fact goddamn DECADENT for any of you spoilt teenagers to whine about artists making money any goddamn way they can, because homelessness, illness and poverty threatens ALL OF US except the ultra rich.

The older I get the less I care about the concept of selling out (hey folks got to make they money, bills don't pay themselves), but also the more I appreciate truly underground music and scenes..

Quote:
as if there was some "holy" space below the commercial radar in which pure, free, true self expression was being made and could like, give us its holy spirit or some shit. fuck that.

It can though.. its why even just seeing some mainstream bands at club gigs is so good. Sonic Youth secret show at the Filter party years ago was a MILLION times better than the bigger festival shows I've seen them headline.. The word intimate has become cliched, but it should still retain its original value in the experiential sense.. Underground is an experience, not a value.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|