Thread: boring bands
View Single Post
Old 09.09.2009, 03:27 PM   #39
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I'd agree with Trasher saying than Mono are incredibly more boring than Explosions in the Sky. Explosions In The Sky are rather good if you ask me.

But yeah, post-rock is kind of a dead style really... there are still one or two pearls that might come out here or there but most of it is just boring copy of what Mogwai used to do more than 10 years ago. Mogwai has managed to stay good because they kind of escaped those post-rock clichés, incorporating electronica or pop elements in their tunes, but most bands don't see that and just keep on doing the same thing they used to do ten years ago. Stupid. I think the last good post-rock album I've heard (I'm talking chronologically) might be Redjetson's New General Catalogue, which is a masterpiece. Their newest one sucks a lot though.

Same with Neo-Shoegaze, actually. Now THAT is boring. Most of them are just one big yawnnfest.
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|