View Single Post
Old 08.26.2009, 06:50 AM   #7
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Right now it's probably Baroque by Malice Mizer.
It's about 7 and 1/2 minutes long, but only 6 of those are filled with music. There are so many modulations and different sections that it seem more, well, epic, than it really is. I love each part of it - the incredible main melody (stolen from JS Bach), the duel guitar solo (also from Bach), the stop start chorus, the cheesy but beautiful falsetto part, the frantic climax (partly in Engrish), and the eerie outro with the synthesisers set on "female choir". It makes me feel sad and inspired.

In a few years time it'll probably be the song that defined my final year of high school.

I probably could've chosen a few different songs: Haunted Henschel's Deep Inside Her Bathrooms, The Verlaines' CD, Jimmy Jazz and Me, the Laughing Clowns' Winter's Way or These Immortal Souls' eponymous song.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|