View Single Post
Old 06.06.2015, 07:36 PM   #87
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I didn't expect to like Jamie xx, because I don't like the Xx, and think they're extremely annoying and bland. But I heard a few singles over the past few months, and got the preview of In Colour, then got In Colour itself, and while it's not as good as I'd hoped, it's definitely got its moments.

I'm not saying it's amazing, because it's not. But is it well made? Does it show promise? Are there a few tracks that are great in a way that I don't feel can be denied? Yes x 3. I was hoping for something more revelatory, but it's good.

Definitely wish it wasn't made by that guy from The Xx though.. Then I'd probably like it more.
it's the sound of white colonialist colonial imperialism devouring everything and turning on itself only to realise that it is a corpse comprised exclusively of festering turds. I don't think I've ever been so insulted by a record as I am this. humanity has literally reached its endpoint.

the music he's shamelessly replicating is predicated on joy/ecstatic abandon, it's music that while formulaic is innately dangerous and at least along some dimension volatile. jamie xx is the sound of a neutered, neck-bearded RA-commenting chronic masturbator digesting those sounds from the comfort of his bedroom, seeing that there's some opportunity to latch onto a zeitgeist and subsequently creating the most fundamentally dull music ever known to man. there's no degree of happiness to his music despite its attempting to connote contemporary notions of 'joy'.

it's totally lifeless, loveless music, and is in that the very definition of cynicism, appropriating sounds to/for which he has no tangible relationship (or, on listening to his music an ostensible passion) and regurgitating them in the context of starbucks/resident 'cool accountant' dinner party background music.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|