View Single Post
Old 02.24.2016, 03:13 PM   #28
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I its undeniable that after he got involved on that SYR that the band shifted gears towards a more experimental approach to music. .

I think that this underserves the HUGE experimental leaps SY took between 1981 and Jim joining. What Jim did was take SY into nerd-wonk "experimental", which had NO vitality and instead seems like the end-result of a trust-fund-supported college dropout trying very hard to make "weird sounds".

I saw them live before Jim, during Jim, and after Jim, and the only benefit to Jim being there live was that it freed up Kim to dance and take a more central stage persona. Jim seemed to HATE being on stage live. he is a studio wonk. more power to him, but the things I love about SY were there before Jim, and they never really returned post-jim....