View Single Post
Old 02.02.2011, 10:40 PM   #1791
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
My Internet speed limits are roughly 700kB/s download, 70kB/s upload. I haven't uploaded squat to Utkonos yet, but I guess the speed will be about the same as yours, HBJ - 30kB/s or so, which by the way is the same I get with YouSendIt Express (SendSpace Wizard can be faster, but the connection is likely to circle the drain and die down real fuckin' quick when it comes to "big" files). The thing is, downloading from Utkonos is a completely different deal as long as the files are HTTP accessible - use a program like ReGet Deluxe and you'll have the goodies on your computer in record time.

I'm currently uploading a 380 MB file to Megaupload, at a rate of 167 kbp/s. It will probably take 40 minutes to be finished, whereas 54% of a 680 MB file has taken more than three hours to be uploaded to utkonos. I don't get how speed can vary so much from one application to another. All is good when dealing with any hosting sites (except Badongo), everything works really swell with my bittorrent client; in fact, i just switched to µTorrent, after using the mainline for many years, and that didn't affect me at all. My maximum upload speed ever when attached to a big swarm at dimeadozen has been 216.48 kbp/s. 30 kbp/s seems too pale in comparison. I think i'm gonna call my ISP to request they check my connection. I would'n really like to be getting a lousy service. I pay crazy bucks every month, after all.

You all are so nice, and i take all your responses in consideration. Thanks very much for the help, i'm gonna google Reget Deluxe now, and i'll get informed about how it works.