View Single Post
Old 07.05.2006, 11:28 PM   #7
IvanZero
empty page

IvanZero has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Good review, Mark, and thanks for posting the set list. I was too tranced out on feedback to keep accurate track. Really was a great show, even with such a low-energy crowd.

I was just so stoked to hear "Tom Violence". I was hoping they'd play something from Evol, that being the album that hooked me on them those few short years ago when it came out. The new songs were just amazing live, they're really getting some muscle on them from being played all tour.

Much better experience than last time they were here, in '91, with Neil Young. The bad acoustics at Lawlor Events Center and the less-than-friendly classic rawk crowd impatient for Neil ... I spect we're lucky they came back at all. Thurston didn't seem to too fondly recall "that other place we played last time".

Slight correction to your post - he said they'd gone downtown to Pho 777, but it was too crowded and the hostess hipped them to Golden Flower. Then they stopped off next door at Hippies, Pipes and Incense. Sonic Youth wandering around 2nd st ... wow.

Even more "wow" was walking across the vast floor at the Hilton, looking over and suddenly realizing that Kim Gordon was 3 feet away heading for the elevators.

All in all, a great show. We got them as headliners, and Vegas has to settle for them opening for Pearl Jam.
IvanZero is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|