View Single Post
Old 05.25.2017, 09:46 AM   #48794
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah I was kind of saying that there are Nevermind/In Utero people. And then there are Bleach/Incesticide people. Kind of a secondary choice. Though I kind of love Nevermind & In Utero the same - just in diff ways. And I know Incesticide isn't a proper album. But it feels like an album. The sequencing, and the song choice - let's be honest, there were plenty of other b-sides/outtakes/etc that could have been included. The ones that were chosen seem to have been so because they felt like a cohesive whole. I think anyway. But I'm weird. I've generally cited Incestide and Unplugged as my absolute favorite Nirvana LP's. So I don't know. I'm sure I'll get baffled stares for that one, but it is what it is. In fairness I'd call Nevermind, In Utero, Incesticide, Unplugged all 5-star albums. So honestly calling any of them my favorite is kind of a toss up anyway.

EDIT: Also, when Incesticide came out I was like 11. I didn't understand that it wasn't an album. So it was to me. It was a new long playing Nirvana CD. It even had a music video released from it. Y'know? So to me, it was just as much an album as Nevermind was.

"Aneuryism" is amazing. And I agree that the Muddy Banks version is top notch. Though I have nothing against the Incesticide one. Shrug.

Hey speaking of live albums isn't it ultimately pretty weird that there are so few Nirvana live albums? I mean, this is one of the most bootlegged bands of the day. Right? I mean, maybe it's great that Courtney or Universal or whoever has decided not to get too crazy with releases. But there's Unplugged, Muddy Banks, and later there's the show on the Bleach reissue and then the Reading album. (I know there was that Paramount show on DVD, but sadly not CD...)

Oh wait, there was show was on the Nevermind box set right? I don't have either of those big expanded Nevermind/InUtero deluxe sets yet. So I'm kind of forgetting what was included in each. EDIT: Ok yeah, so the Nevermind boxset has Paramount on CD, while the In Utero one has Live & Loud on CD... so I really do need both of these already...

BTW, I knew that In Utero was yr fav w/o you telling me. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Pinkerton is your favorite Weezer album? For Pixies I'm gonna guess...hmm, Surfer Rosa?

But yes, I agree with the Lips/Bhole/Nirvana/Melvins thing. Yup.