View Single Post
Old 05.22.2017, 08:05 AM   #48783
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I think of our tastes like a Venn Diagram. They overlap, but are stretched in opposite directions.

I may have come across harsher than need be. So let me say this: Out of 5 stars, I'd still give Odelay a 4. But, yes I totally think that the 3 albums I mentioned are better. Or rather than "better" maybe I should say "preferred by me." I reach for those 3 (and Mutations) way more often than Odelay.

I didn't forget Golden Feelings or Western Harvest. I just don't put those 2 on the same level as the 3 I mentioned. I still own the CD copy of Golden Feelings that Sonic Enemy pressed on CD in 1999 and Beck immediately put a C&D on. It's actually one of my most prized CD's. Western Harvest sadly never got a CD release of any kind. But "Totally Confused" was later released on the B-Sides EP. And "Lampshade" found its way to a few other release, and those are the clear winners on Western Harvest. But I would totally buy a remastered CD if it were ever released. Maybe expanded w/ extra "Piece Of Shit" tracks? Haha.

I don't know why I said "Derelict" was #2? Weird. Typing faster than I could think or vise versa. Either way... I still don't like that song.

Now here's a bit of food for thought: when the deluxe edition of Odelay was released, I realized that I preferred the new bonus disk to the original album. (Although that's not fully accurate as they put bonus tracks on disc 1 too. "Deadweight" for instance). But there's so much great material from this era that made it to b-sides... "Electric Music," "SA5," "Lemonade," "Brother," "Erase The Sun," "Feather In Your Cap" (the Suburbia version), and so on.

At any rate, I'm just glad I was greeted w/ a response otehr than "who cares? Beck sucks."