Thread: Autechre
View Single Post
Old 09.23.2009, 07:24 AM   #35
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I am not good with song titles, but the 11 minute song and the very last song on draft 7.30 are absolutely mind blowing.

Con Field rules so much too.. fuck, I'm going to have to just pull out all my autechre albums today..

Truely brilliant. I love how in some tracks, there'll be things going on in the background that will suddenly appear in the foreground; little sequences you don't really notice or think about suddenly and dramatically become the basis for the rest of the track. It really makes you stop and think about the possibilities of sound itself. How nanoseconds of a beat's manipulation can change everything. Working on a super, super micro level.. but expanding it to these epic tracks (I think that's why I'm not as into Quaristice, the songs are too short; and yeah I've heard the Quadrange EP's and they're pretty cool..).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|