Thread: Tuff Gnarl
View Single Post
Old 05.05.2007, 06:46 AM   #28
sun city girl
the end of the ugly

sun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's assessun city girl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetengine
One thing I've never understood about Sister, by the way: Why do so many fans go nuts over "Kotton Krown", to the point where even the band has found themselves making it somewhat of a staple of live performances? True, it's a nice little track--a rare duet from Kim and Thurston and all, but I would still have to rank it as probably the weakest song on the album. And its seems rather probable that the band felt the same way in the beginning, otherwise they wouldn't have placed it next to last in the running order.
what? do you think bands always put the best tracks first and then just fill the rest with whatever tracks they have there... i think kotton krown is a masterpiece, i've always loved it and it just fits better to the place where it is than to the a-side. i think sister has the best tracks and best production, but it's just a matter of taste really... at the moment i think the 5 best SY albums in order are:

1. sister
2. evol
3. bad moon rising
4. daydream nation
5. confusion is sex

yeah, i like the early stuff... from the newer ones only washing machine comes close.
sun city girl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|