View Single Post
Old 02.17.2020, 08:35 AM   #80
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i may not be gay but i can see you maligning him and accusing him of being inauthentic in order to advance your particular ideology. that just requires basic reading comprehension.

that’s the problem with a lot of bernie supporters and one of the reasons his candidacy risks failing to expand his base beyond the true believers: all the fucking nastiness they generate towards the other candidates alienates potential supporters in the general election.

Quote:
it's really not your place to lecture others on those who they see fit to represent them and their interests
ah! since you’ve gone there with the “it’s a gay thing, you wouldn’t understand,” then please correct me if i’m wrong but don’t you live at the other end of the earth and couldn’t give 2 fucks about four more years of trump if your preferred foreign leader fails to win? some of us vote and have a lot to lose in the next election. you don’t, therefore it’s not your place to lecture others, etc., per your own rhetoric?

anyway, back to buttigieg: he never presented himself as “the gay candidate, or “the president of gays”. that’s never been his calling card, and it’s not the point of his candidacy, but it makes for a nice straw man for you to attack.

he’s running for president of all americans, and he presents himself always as a millennial. yes, he’s gay, and he’s looking for lgbtq support as someone who wants to expand inclusiveness, but he’s inclusive and not running on a zealot platform. he’s also a christian, wants christian support, he’s also a navy veteran and has a group “veterans for pete,” etc. you get the idea.

also, he only came out as gay in opposition to pence’s religious bigotry law in his state. so, again, his sexual preference has never been his calling card, but he will stand up for it.

while he’s not my number one candidate (i’ll support any of the current nominees in a ranked choice order) this conversation is making me like him more because i can see the obstacles he’s facing.

again, i support any of the current nominees because this is not some intellectual abstraction for me. i actually have skin in the game and don’t appreciate the fact that the mutual destruction of democratic candidates only helps the enemy.

now if you truly care about bernie’s chances please consider stopping the stereotypical berniebro shit-flinging and listen to your candidate. he opened the last debate with a statement along the lines of “we’re going to fully support whoever wins this damn thing.” so please act like you would, rather than insist on poisoning the well.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|