View Single Post
Old 05.15.2011, 07:37 PM   #36
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
1982 demos are the best release overall. That and "PROCESS OF WEEDING OUT" or whatever are just great. Ginn is an amazing guitarist and relentlessly creative.

GET IN THE VAN is a great book, if a bit silly at times. Rollins is a madman. I love his spoken word stuff and his books and his show but he was technically my least favorite singer of the Flag.

It took me a while to come around to this band because it sounds so different than what I was expecting. They're surprisingly fucked-up, a far cry from the typical "hardcore" and "punk" bands they were lumped in with, in most cases. I love shit like FAMILY MAN even though it seems most people hate it. I like them at their weirdest.

But yeah, Ginn's riffing is always topnotch, some of the best riffs ever written.

Also, gotta give an award for the band with the best album covers of all time. Raymond Pettibonn did most of em right?

edit: Oh, I already said "82 Demos" 3 years ago. Go get that thing! the 2 guitar attack is incredible.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|