View Single Post
Old 02.19.2010, 04:02 AM   #156
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I once took a class called African-American Philosophy. I think most were, indeed, American descendants of African slaves, except Frantz Fanon who was African-Caribbean but I suppose you could argue that the West Indies is actually apart of North America.

Anyway, I usually regard the difference between the terms "Black" and "African-American" to be mostly superficial as long as who it is being referred to is clear. Ironically enough, as I alluded to before, arguing so passionately against African-American as a term is still advocating political correctness, just in a different direction. Calling African-Americans black people isn't going to make that beach house and smug multiculturalism disappear. Language politics is one of the "worst aspects of the limp-wristed sector of race politics" to which you still are engaged.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|