Thread: Vivian Girls
View Single Post
Old 12.02.2010, 11:17 PM   #274
kinn
the destroyed room

kinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asseskinn kicks all y'all's asses
In my world, any band that "just wrote simplistic fun tunes and didn't pretend to be anything they aren't" wouldn't exist, or if they did it would only for the purpose of publicly displaying instruments to steal.

or maybe they would exist, but as the parts of a performance piece that involved feeding them into a blender. it would be called "like, it's just fun dude, don't take it so seriously. why r u so angar al the time? fuck sake dude chil out, SOMEBODY enjoys it and thats all that matters, why do you have to have such a problem with everything? do you even ENJOY music anyway?".

anyone that showed up to the performance and had ever uttered any variation of the words in the title would find the entire audience suddenly turning around and staring at them, their eyes gleaming like digitised red rubies, and they would start floating into the air until they were suspended over the massive blender. and they would be held there to build suspense, but once their screams got too loud they would be released and would fall into the whirling sluices were they would meet their quick demise.

once the performance was over the audience would leave through the portal in the doorway and find themselves waking up the next morning with only a dim and confused memory of some violent dream. it would be a thing never spoken of directly by the townfolk, perhaps alluded to in heavily coded and conspiratorial language in the darker corners of some bar once in a while. But all assembled would barely be conciously aware of what they were talking about, and if pressed or pestered by some stranger would fly into a defensive rage at such impolite noseying.

Over time, the amount of morons would be whittled down substantially, and when these self concious idiots were out of our way, the rest of us would set about our rituals and festivals of forbidden magick and sounde unperturbed.

And in regards to that pink floyd track. i dont care. you dont need to mutilate the past in order to move on. you just ignore it in the first place. theres no need to pay attention to such crap. i've never heard the original song in question and dont want to. i have unfortunately heard a pink floyd track but not because i wanted to. who is this person who deems this music elevated to godhood in the first place? he doesn't exist, why do we need to pay any attention to him. why do we need to care. we don't. i am only concerned with what i am listening to and others whose listenings interest me.

it's like some episode of family guy that pretends to be "parodying" all these cliches, when in fact it is just reproducing them over and over again. i don't care about that kind of behaviour.
kinn is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|