View Single Post
Old 06.14.2010, 01:15 PM   #22
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
when i lived in DC i was a metro-only person. walk to metro, shuttle bus to school. then metro to all my city errands-- rarely i would catch a bus transfer for a place out of the way. i had a zipcar membership but i never needed it. i would take cabs at night, say, after drinking till 4am. a few times i rented a car to get out of town, always got good deals. i used my bike a lot too, but dc drivers are aware of bicycles in a way that drivers in other towns aren't-- in albuquerque people get run over a lot. and walking was a pleasure, always something to see on the way. some people bitch about the lack of freeways inside dc but it's a blessing.

that sounds like paradise compared to LA, as I said, our city is simply overwhelming in size..

for example, when I took the MTA green/Blue line and a few connecting buses to church yesterday, it was the same distance as traveling from DC across to Baltimore!!!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|