Thread: how's your pet?
View Single Post
Old 10.22.2017, 10:12 AM   #26
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
Border collies are some high energy dogs. Just under Jack Russels in my estimation.

They are. I’ve had three (kind of). One, my childhood dog, was half Australian Shepherd, so.... SUPER high energy, and also the love of my life. Then I rescued a purebred from an avusive farmer who kept the poor guy in a 8x10 cage for YEARS to the point where the poor dog’s back legs didn’t even work anymore. Bastard had all this farmland, and actual sheep, but the dog hadn’t made him any money on breeding so he punished it day in and day out. Closest I’ve ever come to smacking the shit out of a 75-year-old man with a wooden leg (no shit!). And then I found the one I just lost about a year or so later.

She was the last one.

I still have my kitty — my loyal traveling companion who sleeps on my fucking face — but he’s getting old.

This is hard. Sometimes I think it’s “not worth it” — the pain and sadness of losing an animal and a friend. But ALL of these dogs (and my cats) would have quite literally died if I had not taken them home. They all had long happy spoiled rotten lives with me and my mother and my girlfriend. They were loved. So I need to buck the fuck up and stop being so selfish. It IS worth it. If I have to be sad and heartbroken now in order for them to have had happy healthy lives, then there’s no question. One of the most “worth it” things I’ve ever done.

Yeah, I’m a huge animal sap. Yep.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|