View Single Post
Old 12.27.2016, 12:52 PM   #56
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
You know what was disappointing this year? Preoccupations (FKA Viet Cong). Their new album under the new name is just really generic poppy post-punk type stuff. Their album as Viet Cong had some teeth, and I really loved it. But I can't seem to enjoy the new one. I listen to it and I just think, "Why am I not listening to Joy Division or Wire? What's the point of this thing?" And that's not something you want to think when you're listening to music.

Bummer. I LOVED Women. Goddamn, Women was such a great band. Viet Cong seemed to carry the torch. But very publicly changing your name for political correctness reasons is extremely unpunk. It's like they were castrated when they did that. Lame.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|